|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is a global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation, and logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics, and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking to hire a Utility Operator to join our team in Port Arthur, Texas. This position will be responsible for assisting the senior operator in the operation of the kilns to ensure maximum contributions to the safety, quality and productivity of the plant.
- Cleans up spillage and reclaim uncontaminated coke as instructed.
- Operates all mobile equipment required to perform job duties and check oil, water, battery and fuel.
- Observes calcining operations in the course of performing job duties and promptly report unusual happenings to the senior operator.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment. Assists maintenance personnel on an as-needed basis in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Notifies senior operator whenever leaving work area.
- Maintains emergency equipment, such as flashlight, rain suit, and kiln drive bolts, for possible use during a storm.
- Maintains availability when on standby during off-duty hours.
- Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
- Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the supervisor.
- Advises the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of plant equipment and facilities.
- Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for jobs performed in the material handling department.
- Follows ISO procedures to complete duties as required by the job specification.
- Advises the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and maintenance of coke quality and workmanship.
- Makes recommendations regarding potential improvements in operation of plant facilities through modifications in material, equipment, procedures and schedules.
- Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines.
- Maintains communications with the supervisor and coworkers on matters concerning daily activities.
- Assists with miscellaneous tasks in production as required.
- Operates ship loader according to Plant Procedures.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Must have relevant operations experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Typically works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas.
- Must be able to handle working with petroleum coke products and be around vapors with respiratory protection.
- Must be able to work with wrenches, pipe wrenches and other tools; requires turning and tightening nuts and bolts.
- Must be able to load and unload heavy equipment, either with manual labor or by operating heavy machinery.
- Must be able to pass general physically fit testing.
- Must train in safety and hazmat requirements at the facility.
- Must be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Must be able to a work rotating shift schedule.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous 401k match and paid time off
Oxbow is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.