|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation & logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics and batteries.
Oxbow Energy Solutions LLC is currently looking for a Chemist to join our team in Port Arthur, Texas. This position will be responsible for analyzing both green and calcined petroleum coke including steam boiler samples while adhering to ASTM, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001. The chemist will organize and maintain laboratory activities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs lab analysis.
- Quality control; monitoring control charts.
- Performs physical and chemical tests to develop data. Such tests include Real Density, Volatile Matter, Ash, XRF Analysis, VBD analysis, Tapped Density, ICP analysis, Demineralization, Pretreatment and others as necessary.
- Calculates and monitors data; Performs data entry into the computer system and reports analysis to managing personnel.
- Performs environmental water sampling.
- Calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Applies SPC principles to ensure that the laboratory equipment is within calibration.
- Writes work orders for repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Performs audits of plant systems and procedures.
- Ensures work practices are in compliance with safety, environmental, and quality requirements.
- Maintain inventory and enter requisitions for laboratory supplies.
- Assist on supervising department of 4-6 people.
- Procedural editing and up-keep.
- Ensures work areas, equipment and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory code and company requirements.
- Supports management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Able to self-direct work with minimal guidance
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
- Leadership skills
Education and Experience:
- BS or higher in science related or engineering required.
- Minimum of 1 year of lab experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of XRF, ICP, and water chemistry preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Class D Water Operator License.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC Card.
- Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
- May work outdoors which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas.
- Must be able to handle working with petroleum coke products and use respiratory protection.
- Must be able to handle working with pressurized system and high noise areas.
- Must be able to work with hand tools.
- Must train in safety requirements at the facility.
- Must be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Will be on call as needed.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed Instructions to other workers.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Paid time off
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer.