|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation & logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking for a HR Generalist to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA. This position will be responsible for administering a variety of Human Resources policies and procedures for all Plant level employees and support functions. Responsible for recruitment, employee relations, payroll, and training & development for the facility. Supports Plant Operations by achieving Human Resources goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all plant personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Drives the Recruiting and Interviewing Process. Maintains relationships with schools, associations, and other recruiters. Manages new hire process including background screenings; conducts new-employee orientations.
- Resolves employee relations issues; recommends counseling and solutions to management when negative trends are detected; helps employees, supervisors, and department heads to settle work-related conflicts through advice and recommendation.
- Conducts payroll related activities including reviewing hours, submitting payroll and maintaining reports for corporate office; verifies processed payroll.
- Responsible for the coordination and delivery of Employee Benefits Plans, such as Health and Wellness, Leaves of Absence, Retirement plans (defined contribution and defined benefit): communicates benefit information to employees.
- Conducts exit interviews with staff to determine actions that may retain valued staff.
- Prepares and evaluates a variety of reports.
- Recommends new approaches and continuous improvements of department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations and employment law. Assists corporate office with the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action programs.
- Participates in employee training and workplace safety activities.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Human Resources best practices.
- Knowledge of Labor Relations; operating in a unionized setting.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local labor laws.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and handle confidential information.
- Maintains attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of settings. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to multitask; plan and organize work.
Education and Experience
- Three years of recruiting experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration in a production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of HR experience preferred.
- Professional in human resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Paid time off
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer.