|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation & logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbowís products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking to hire a Corporate Reliability Engineer to join our team in Enid, OK. This position is responsible for the continual maintenance of the plant control system (PLCís, HMIís, VFDís, and instrumentation) to ensure maximum contribution to safety, environmental, quality, and productivity of the plant consistent with operating goals.
Directly supports Oxbow Calcining Plants to achieve the highest levels of Overall Equipment Efficiency resulting in maximum production and the lowest possible utilities and maintenance expense.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leads efficiency functions for the plants in support of injury and incident free operations. Includes development & implementation of standard processes, procedures & work instructions, analysis of equipment, equipment application, failure analysis, management & maintenance practices, organizational capability and training.
- Tracks and reports reliability and efficiency metrics, optimizes use of the computerized maintenance management system, and develops and implements preventive/predictive maintenance programs.
- Responsible for workforce development, including supervisor skills enhancement, maintenance skills, technical and troubleshooting, and other training.
- Implementation of reliability and efficiency processes and documentation standards. Audits processes to ensure integrity and congruence with other practices and facility activities.
- Support Capital and Expense projects using reliability and maintenance centered approaches, including Major and Specialized Maintenance Activities.
- Supports continual improvement as well as ongoing routine group activities
- Collaborate with the plants about the specification of new equipment, assuring Reliability of Operation and the lowest life cycle cost.
- Leads efforts to identify and implement emerging technologies that improve reliability.
- Supports management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of calcining operations and maintenance.
- Familiar with NDT and Condition Monitoring techniques and their inspection programs
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to understand new concepts and practices and apply those to this facility's operation.
- Must be self-starter requiring very little direction from supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelorís degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Five (5) years of experience in heavy industrial/heavy manufacturing maintenance.
- In depth knowledge of the calcining process or Portland cement manufacturing preferred
- Prefer experience with rotary kilns, bulk handling systems and mobile equipment, gas fired furnaces, DCS (distributed control systems) with an increasing level of responsibility; or an equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Up to 70% travel, Incudes International, as needed.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Paid time off
NOTE: This job description reflects the companyís assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is an EOE/ADA employer.