|Job Description:|| |
Essential Job Duties:
- High/Medium voltage work including substations and motor control centers.
- Electrical controls (including motor drives), installation, removal, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Install & Terminate PLC's, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160-volt switchgear, transformers & motors, electronic controls by following electrical drawings and using test instruments
- Interpret and work from electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams and code specifications
- Install electrical circuits and equipment including panels, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment as required
- Update one lines on the job site to reflect work being conducted
- Install and troubleshoot low voltage power supplies
- Assist automation department when deemed necessary
- Industrial equipment removal, installation, alignment, calibration, troubleshooting and repair
- All pipefitting work for water, gas, air, fuels and hydraulics.
- Field and/or shop layout work.
- Field and/or shop welding and burning.
- Operation of all mobile equipment required on the job for material or parts placement.
- Other types of tasks involving the maintenance, modification, and new installation of equipment and facilities.
- Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
- Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the supervisor.
- Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for job performed in the maintenance department.
- Performs work in a highly functional and consistent manner.
- Ensures that work performed meets the job specifications.
- Makes recommendations whenever possible regarding potential improvements in operation or maintenance of plant facilities through changes and modifications in material, equipment, procedures and schedules.
- Ensures compliance with safety, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines
- Other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to read electrical drawing and one lines
- Ability to use diagnostic to include but not limited to: multi-meters, circuit tracers, probe testers, and computers.
- Ability to use binders and threading machine
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Personnel qualifying for this classification must successfully pass proficiency tests and be able to demonstrate skills immediately.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required.
- Associate Degree or certification in related field preferred
- Three years of experience working as electrician preferred
- NCCER Certified Plus preferred but not required
- NFPA 70E Certification a plus
- Must have a knowledge of and ability to interpret the NEC Code Book.
- Ability to read electrical diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical, instrumentation or heavy equipment mechanical preferred.
- Experience with pipefitting work for water, gas, air, fuels and hydraulics is a plus.
- Experience with shop welding and burning is a plus.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Typically works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas.
- Must be able to handle working with petroleum coke products and be around vapors/fumes with respiratory protection.
- Must be able to work with wrenches, pipe wrenches and other tools; requires turning and tightening nuts and bolts.
- Must be able to train in other areas of maintenance
- Must be able to pass general physically fit testing.
- Must train in safety requirements at the facility.
- Must be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed Instructions to other workers.
- Work may require occasional weekend
- Must possess a valid US Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
* LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous 401k match and paid time off
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer