|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation & logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking to hire an Automation Technician to join our team in Enid, OK. This position is responsible for the continual maintenance of the plant control system (PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s, and instrumentation) to ensure maximum contribution to safety, environmental, quality, and productivity of the plant consistent with operating goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Comply with all of Oxbow’s Health & Safety Policies.
- Maintain safety standards to ensure all employees and contractors are complying with Oxbow Calcining’s policies to include, but not limited to wearing proper personal protective equipment, maintaining housekeeping standards, reviewing and performing JSA’s and JSOP’s, confined space permits, hot work permits, lock-out tag-out procedures, and quarterly safety card compliance.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, company policy and company required maintenance inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining existing plant control system and the integration of new equipment and programming.
- Responsible for investigating existing equipment's worthiness, and the investigation of new ideas and equipment.
- Shows how to obtain optimization or shows what changes operational or equipment-wise were necessary to optimize the process.
- Tests and documents changes in existing automation and new equipment as installed.
- Supports management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of the low voltage portion of Capital Improvement Projects.
- Supports Maintenance with troubleshooting in day-to-day operation.
- Actively participate in plant health & safety processes, including safety committees, health & safety inspections, safety meetings/toolbox talks, job safety analysis (JSAs), incident/near miss investigations, and formal monthly safety training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be aware and comply with all health and safety rules and requirements applicable to their work and to the general safety of other employee’s.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all International Standards Organization (ISO) requirements applicable to the facility, including, but not limited to, compliance with OSHA, environmental regulations, and quality requirements.
- The ability to maintain and troubleshoot PAC’s,PLC’s and HMI's,(preferably Allen-Bradley using RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000 software. Support all communication protocols within the control network. (Ethernet, DH+)
- Work with hand tools and utilize test equipment, Multimeter, Amp probes, etc.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot Control Room HMI Operator Stations and implement new displays following Oxbow Guidelines.
- Knowledge of various types of feedback devices both analog and discrete. Functional knowledge of motors, AC and DC drives (Allen-Bradley, Yaskawa, etc.) and methods for control of VFD’s, both hardwire and communication, Ability to integrate motor controls using the Oxbow Standard for control.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Clear and concise knowledge of grammar.
- Establishes goals and objectives, which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
Ability to recognize environmental hazards, take appropriate action and notify proper personnel.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma / GED Equivalent
- Technical School related to the field
- Vocational training in related process
- Five years with industrial maintenance and control systems or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience in the field
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, process engineering, controls, or industrial technology.
- Five to ten years industrial maintenance and control systems.
- Experience in Microsoft Project
- 5S or lean manufacturing.
- Six Sigma certifications.
- Works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, and in elevated work areas up to 160ft.
- Must be able to work with wrenches, pipe wrenches and other tools; requires turning and tightening nuts and bolts.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights of approximately 160ft.
- Must be able to pass general physically fit testing.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment throughout the plant.
- Must be trained in the safety requirements at the facility.
- Ability to communicate or exchange effectively, either written or oral, with other employees in the plant as well as with outside auditors/examiners.
- Requires frequent/constant work in areas with moving, vibrating, rotating equipment.
- Personal Protective Equipment required for the job include eye protection, hearing protection, hardhat, appropriate gloves for the task, steel-toed boots, dust mask, and fall protection.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Paid time off
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer