|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation, and logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics, and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking for an Environmental and Technical Data Coordinator to join our team in Port Arthur, Texas. Provides support to the Environmental Compliance Manager, in administration of the environmental compliance programs. Is responsible for development and update of environmental programs. Documentation of environmental activities, compliance, required regulatory reporting, and incident reporting. Provides support to all plant personnel with respect to understanding environmental rules and regulations that are applicable to their job responsibilities. Works with plant management by facilitating development of procedures and work practices that are consistent with applicable environmental requirements. Serves as liaison with internal and external entities pertaining to environmental regulation, partnerships (public, private, and industry), benchmarking, continuous improvement, education and awareness.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide compliance support to the site, including analysis of environmental regulations and applicability determinations.
- Support the review of physical and operational changes utilizing established best practices to ensure compliance with local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Manages the entry of data, prepares reports, coordinates purchase orders, manages PSA’s and tracks completion of required activities.
- Review applicable and/or required local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations and provides support and assistance to the facility to ensure compliance.
- Manages the input of information to the environmental intranet.
- Works with vendors, contractors and managers to track work order requests and responses.
- Keeps well organized hard copy records of all permits, reports and other compliance related documentation.
- Participates in compliance related meetings, documents meeting notes and action items. Follows up on action items for completion.
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Tracks environmental permits implementation actions, ensures completion of all action tasks, record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Provides on-going regulatory assistance for operations under the guidance of site management.
- Supports management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, intermediate knowledge in MS Word required.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Experience working with air, water and waste issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in environmental science, engineering or related business field preferred.
- Two years of experience working in an environmental or industrial operational field required.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal environmental regulations and Title V permitting
- Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
- Work will require occasional weekend, evening work and on-call work.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is an EOE/ADA employer
- Competitive Pay
- Great Bonus Potential
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Work life balance
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation, or other reasons.