|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation & logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking to hire an Electrician to join our team in Enid, OK. This position will be responsible for the electrical maintenance of plant equipment and facilities to insure maximum contribution to the safety, quality, and productivity of the plant.
- Comply with all of Oxbow’s Health & Safety Policies.
- 5+ years of experience on Low and medium voltage work on motor control centers, subpanels, and all field equipment. Including AC voltages between 120VAC – 480VAC, single and three phase. DC voltages between 12VDC – 48VDC
- 5+ years of experience toward Electrical control systems, including motor drives (VFD), instrumentation, new installations, removal of equipment, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Experience with 4-20mA feedback and control systems and instrumentation.
- Must possess knowledge and ability to understand, create, and/or modify electrical schematics.
- Pipefitting work required for all circuit installations and repairs.
- Field welding is preferred for electrical installation or modifications.
- Field burning (oxygen-acetylene) is preferred for electrical installation, removal, or modifications.
- Operates all mobile equipment required on the job for material or parts placement (manlifts, forklifts, and work trucks).
- Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
- Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the senior engineer.
- Advises the senior engineer on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of plant equipment and facilities.
- Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for job performed in the maintenance department.
- Performs work in a highly functional and consistent manner.
- Ensures that work performed meets the job specifications.
- Advises the senior engineer on matters relating to the improvement and maintenance of coke quality and workmanship.
- Makes recommendations whenever possible regarding potential improvements in operation or maintenance of plant facilities through changes and modifications in material, equipment, procedures and schedules.
- Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines.
- Actively participate in plant health & safety processes, including safety committees, health & safety inspections, safety meetings/toolbox talks, job safety analysis (JSAs), incident/near miss investigations, and formal monthly safety training.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or applicable certifications in related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as an instrumentation and electrician technician.
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units.
- Be aware and comply with all health and safety rules and requirements applicable to their work and to the general safety of other employee’s.
- Utilize expertise in electrical department to ensure safety of all persons involved in maintenance, operational, and general activities relating to the maintenance department.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Establishes goals and objectives, which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Strong commitment to compliance.
- Ability to operate forklifts, scissorlifts, and manlifts.
- Works skillfully with hands; Accept responsibility for work performed.
- Thorough knowledge of local and national electrical codes and standard electrical procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in: all phases of electrical installation and repair; the operation of electrical tools and test equipment used in electrical installation and repair; applying occupational safety precautions and practices.
- Ability to routinely operate mobile equipment in the plant to complete work tasks (ex. Forklift, Manlift).
- Typically works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, and in elevated work areas up to 160ft.
- Must be able to work with wrenches, pipe wrenches and other tools; requires turning and tightening nuts and bolts.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights of approximately 160ft.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment throughout the plant.
- Must be able to pass general physically fit testing.
- Must be trained in the safety requirements at the facility.
- Ability to communicate or exchange effectively, either written or oral, with other employees in the plant as well as with outside auditors/examiners.
- Requires frequent/constant work in areas with moving, vibrating, rotating equipment.
- Personal Protective Equipment required for the job include eye protection, hearing protection, hardhat, appropriate gloves for the task, steel-toed boots, dust mask, and fall protection.
- Work requires rotating on-call rotation. In addition to some weekend and/or evening overtime work.
Must be able to travel as needed.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Work life balance
Oxbow is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation, or other reasons.