|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation & logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics and batteries.
Oxbow Calcining LLC is currently looking for a Utility Operator to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA. This position will be responsible for assisting the supervisor in production area to ensure maximum contributions to the safety, quality and productivity of the plant.
- Cleans up spillage and reclaim uncontaminated coke.
- Operates all mobile equipment required to perform job duties (sweeper truck, water truck, forklift, shuttle wagon, front-end loader, etc.)
- Operates equipment safely and efficiently.
- Performs inventory of all storage and load out tanks.
- Responsible for receiving deliveries of incoming oil and fuel tanks.
- Unloads raw materials as needed.
- Performs checks on various equipment and conveyors, preventive maintenance checks and services
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment. Assists maintenance personnel on an as-needed basis in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Notifies supervisor whenever leaving work area.
- Maintains emergency equipment, such as flashlight and rain suit for possible use during a storm.
- Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices comply with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
- Ensures compliance with safety, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines,
- Responsible for inspecting & cleaning of all catwalks & walkways, scale areas and pits.
- Observes calcining operations in the course of performing job duties and promptly reports unusual events to the supervisor.
- Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the supervisor.
- Works with the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of plant equipment and facilities.
- Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for jobs performed.
- Follows ISO procedures to complete duties as required by the job specification.
- Makes recommendations regarding potential improvements in operation of plant facilities through changes and modifications in material, equipment, and procedures.
- Maintains communications with the supervisor and coworkers on matters concerning daily activities.
- Responds to emergency operations situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Highschool Diploma Required
- A valid Driver’s License is required for this job.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of related work experience preferred
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with the team, take directions from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Computer skills required.
- Typically works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas.
- Must be able to handle working with petroleum coke products.
- Must be able to operate tools.
- Must be able to load and unload heavy equipment, either with manual labor or by operating heavy machinery.
- Must be able to pass a general fit for duty physical and drug screening.
- Must train in safety requirements at the facility.
- Must be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Must be able to a work rotating shift schedule.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Paid time off
Oxbow is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.