|Job Description:|| |
Oxbow Calcining LLC is looking for a Project Engineer to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA. Oxbow’s primary businesses are the mining and marketing of energy and commodities such as coal, natural gas, petroleum coke and calcined coke. Oxbow delivers management excellence, a commitment to success and the resources and experience to develop effective solutions to our customers’ energy and bulk material needs.
Provide project engineering and technical support to Operations and Maintenance. Prepare and execute projects that improve safety, reliability and operations of the Plant. Cross train and back fills the calcining process engineer position in their absence, as required.
Essential Job Duties:
• Work on projects related to design, construction, maintenance, reliability, and sustainability of the facilities.
• Responsible for Capital and Expense projects using reliability and maintenance centered approaches, establishing capital estimates, cash flow forecasts, and integrated schedules.
• Work with project engineers, corporate specialists, crafts people, contractors, and vendors, turn around coordinators and safety and environmental personnel to solve problems, drive schedule and meet project goals.
• Defining engineering and project execution strategies and ensuring effective use of contractors and resources.
• Responsible for project construction safety, cost, and schedule performance and compliance with Oxbow standards.
• Maintain continued interaction with the contractor(s) throughout an entire project, including advising of current status and identifying overall effects of potential modifications keeping in mind the project’s objectives.
• Responsible for individual project accounting to total project completion.
• Lead and/or assist in all phases of engineering, including technical support for Production and Maintenance activities of major process and auxiliary equipment.
• Participate in equipment design, installation and evaluation, as well as support ongoing routine group activities.
• Monitor performance and execute daily tasks to optimize the availability, efficiency and utilization of process equipment at the lowest life cycle cost.
• Resolve technical problems, initiate corrective action, develop maintenance practices, and recommend solutions to issues related to costs, benefits and risks.
• Understand the design and operation of the Plant’s equipment including Mechanical, Electrical and Control components.
• Emphasize communication and build trust with the other departments, both internal and external to the company to reduce misunderstandings, design revisions, omissions, and errors.
• Maintain active communication interfaces with Leadership for Progress and Management of Change programs.
• Implementing and managing processes to control project scope, expenditures, and schedule per plan.
• Ensuring that all project documentation is completed, archived and complies with Oxbow Corporate, Plant, and records information management requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining computer files for individual projects and kiln histories.
• Integrating any required Operations and Maintenance personnel training into the overall cost and schedule.
• Assists in Plant’s Environmental Compliance Program.
• Reports to Engineering Manager.
• Partners with site leadership to establish priorities and deliver results.
• All other duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
• Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint including but not limited to creating charts, formatting cells/formulas, creating presentations and reports.
• Able to work as part of a team or independently.
• The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment.
• The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
• The ability to motivate, influence and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce.
• Able to meet all set deadlines while ensuring that the productivity targets are also met.
• Self-starter, Ability to work with minimal supervisory guidance.
• Strong communication, organization and leadership skills to direct team efforts for projects.
• Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with a high level of integrity and in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with Company Policies.
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s or advanced degree in a specialized engineering field is required.
• A bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical engineering is preferred.
• Two years minimum significant and provable work experience is required.
• Working knowledge of NFPA70 (NEC) and other electrical industry codes, standards and recommended practices preferred.
• Familiarity with installation details of motor control center, electric room layouts, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting and power plans.
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Typically works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas.
• Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
• As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Willingness to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances.
• Ability to wear personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, steel toed boots and hearing protection).
• Willingness to obtain required training as needed.
• Should be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work periods in excess of 8 hours and seven days a week when needed.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer and offers a competitive benefit and compensation package.