|Job Description:|| |
With headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida and offices in over 35 countries, Oxbow is consistently recognized by Forbes magazine as a one of the top privately held companies in the United States. Oxbow is global supplier of energy products that specializes in the sourcing, production, transportation, and logistics of value-added industrial materials critical to a variety of manufacturing processes. Oxbow’s products are essential in the production of aluminum, steel, glass and cement and our specialty products are used in variety of innovative products including high performance plastics, solar panels, electronics, and batteries.
Oxbow Energy Solutions is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Texas City, Texas. This position will be responsible for repairs, modifications, and installations to the needs of our terminal and will be operating dozers, front end loaders, conveyor systems and pumps.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on various types of heavy construction equipment, such as Dozers, Front End Loaders, Excavators, Tractors.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on conveyor system, fluid pumps, terminal equipment (ship loader, gangway, hoppers).
- Inspect, troubleshoot and complete work order repairs as well as preventative maintenance (PM’s) work orders.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in conjunction with the rules and regulations set forth by Oxbow Energy Solutions, Texas City Terminal.
- Help design, construct, and install mechanical equipment and systems.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certification in Industrial Welding, Heavy Equipment, or both preferred.
- Two or more years of experience working in mechanical maintenance industry, welding preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for a TWIC card.
- Ability to work with engineering drawings, blueprints, and sketches.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to use straightedges, combination squares, calipers and rulers.
- Detail oriented, with a strong sense of time management.
- Typically, on the move throughout shift, walking, climbing, crouching, kneeling, etc.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions heavy objects. Mechanical lifting assistance may be used for some of the heavy objects.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k match
Oxbow is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.