|Job Description:|| |
Summary: Oxbow is looking for someone to work as an Apprentice in our Long Beach operation while developing the knowledge and experience needed to eventually assume the role of Terminal Manager. The Terminal Manager supervises the maintenance of the terminal’s mechanical systems; schedules staffing; and coordinates operational activities related to receiving, storing, and shipping dry bulk petroleum coke and coal products. The successful candidate should expect to spend a significant amount of time in the Apprentice role given the breadth and depth of the Terminal Manager role.
Essential Job Duties:
• Supervise front-line personnel at the Terminal Facility in accordance with the organization’s policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Interview, hire, and train employees
• Actively foster a working environment that is conducive to high performance teams
• Plan, assign and direct work
• Evaluate performance. Reward, coach, and discipline personnel as appropriate
• Address complaints and resolve problems
• Vigorously champion and enforce Oxbow’s safety culture
• Ensure all work practices, and work areas conform to applicable local, state, and federal permits, codes, standards, and regulations.
• Develop and implement training programs for personnel to ensure they are capable to perform their duties in an efficient manner.
• Minimize facility downtime and operations expense by performing preventive maintenance and anticipating potential interruptions.
• Coordinate closely with Oxbow’s commercial team to ensure facility is available and configured in a way that meets customer requirements.
• Provide input and feedback to the Logistics and Commercial teams to improve overall performance and reduce overall costs.
• Develop, implement, and follow a business plan that includes projecting, budgeting, and cost management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Leadership and accountability
• Clear, concise communication in a variety of settings
• Ability to plan, execute, and monitor complex tasks in an organized manner
• Creativity in analyzing and solving problems
• Ability to read and interpret plans and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, schematics, and procedure manuals
Education and Experience
• High School equivalency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, company email and similar office related software programs
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer
• Typically walks to various work locations throughout the terminal, and/or stands at those locations to supervise the operation
• As needed, lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 75 pounds
• Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers
• Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
• Must be able to travel as needed
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Energy Solutions LLC is an EOE/ADA employer