|Job Description:|| |
Responsible for the maintenance of plant equipment and facilities to insure maximum contribution to the safety, quality, and productivity of the plant.
Essential Job Duties:
• Performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment. This may include mobile cranes, front loaders, conveyors, bulldozers, compressors, generators, all-terrain vehicles, trucks, forklifts, tractors, and accessory equipment.
• Removes and disassembles engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components. Makes the appropriate repairs, overhaul, or modifications in accordance with the proper repair specifications and procedures.
• Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
• Conducts readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the Plant.
• Performs operational inspections and ensures vehicles and equipment are properly serviced, including adjustments, replacing hydraulic fluids, greasing, cleaning, etc., and performs other preventive maintenance operations as required. Inspects supported equipment prior to use, to ensure that it is functioning properly.
• Independently performs repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems such as mechanical, electrical (AC/DC), hydraulic, and pneumatic.
• Operation of all mobile equipment required on the job for material or parts placement.
• Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
• Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for job performed in the maintenance department (JSA).
• Performs work in a highly functional and consistent manner that meets the job specifications.
• Makes recommendations whenever possible regarding potential improvements in operation or maintenance of plant facilities.
Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines
• Other types of tasks involving the maintenance, modification, and installation of equipment and facilities.
• Always maintain a clean and organized work area
• All other duties as assigned
• Successful candidate will be trained on various maintenance function in the plant such as welding, electrical, general maintenance, conveyor repairs, pipefitting work, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the job.
• Knowledge of electrical, instrumentation or heavy equipment mechanical preferred.
• Ability and willingness to use computers, computer base training and possible off site schooling.
• Personnel qualifying for this classification must successfully pass proficiency tests and be able to demonstrate skills immediately.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma required.
• Certification in related fields preferred
• Two years of diesel mechanic experience within the heavy duty industry preferred
• Automotive Repair experience
• Experience maintaining, repairing and rebuilding mobile equipment