Marine Compliance Director
USA - FL - West Palm Beach - Oxbow Carbon LLC (Corporate Office)
|Job Category:|| |
|Education Level:|| |
|Job Description:|| |
Responsible for supporting the maintenance of the organization’s compliance program relating to marine operations. Additionally, responsible for providing support to ensure compliance with insurance requirements.
Essential Job Duties:
• Vetting of vessels (CIF and FOB sales) for compliance with OFAC and other relevant regulations.
• Vetting of vessels for compliance with insurance requirements.
• Provide guidance to stakeholders regarding vetting status, with special attention to timing issues.
• Coordinate with Legal and Chartering Departments to resolve any significant irregularities found during the vetting review.
• Supervise performance of vetting team and assist with the professional development of staff.
• Monitor regulatory and industry changes that may impact organization’s marine operations and coordinate within organization to implement effective response.
• Support management with workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to set and maintain standards for all marine vetting activities, including accuracy, completeness and detailed record keeping.
• General knowledge of OFAC and other regulations that apply to marine operations.
• Working knowledge of marine vessel chartering practices.
• General knowledge of marine insurance.
• Understanding of flag state registrations, class societies and P&I Clubs.
• Ability to use independent judgment and take initiative.
• Ability to liaise and effectuate compliance by stakeholders inside and outside the organization in furtherance of marine compliance objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Ability to lay out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ten or more years of experience in shipping, including logistics, brokerage, chartering and operations preferred.
• Demonstrated experience relating to sanctions compliance and marine insurance preferred.
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
• May be required to move about to coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal and written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
• Work may require occasional weekend, evening and/or holiday work.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer
If you would like to apply for this job, submit your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com.
|Copyright 2001-2015 Oxbow Corporation. All Rights Reserved