|Job Description:|| |
Supervise and coordinate all activities concerned with receiving, storing, processing, reclaiming from storage and stevedoring functions for vessel loading of petroleum coke at the Terminal Facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide operational direction to improve overall performance and reduce overall costs.
• Surveillance of terminal operating trends, comparison against best-in-class and OEM specifications.
• Develops measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, equipment maintenance, and quality of service.
• Interprets and administers company policies to personnel and enforces safety regulations.
• Develop, implement, and follow a business plan that includes; projecting, budgeting, and cost management.
• Optimize useful life of the Facility, control Facility’s downtime and disruptions, and minimize the liability of the corporation to third parties.
• Ensure all work conforms to applicable local, state and federal permits, codes, standards and regulations operating Facility in an environmentally safe and sound manner.
• Ensure product quality and quantity is preserved.
• Actively foster a working environment that is conducive to high performance teams.
• Direct and guide several teams (including terminal operators, maintenance staff and administrative personnel) to achieve a flexible, fully engaged workforce.
• Delegate authority to team(s) without abdicating responsibility for the team(s) performance.
• Lead teams in complex problem analysis, key-decision-making and long range planning.
• Develop and implement training programs for personnel to ensure they are capable to perform their duties in an efficient manner.
• Coordinate with associated agencies such as any surveyors, ship’s agents, governmental agencies, or any entity associated with a vessel’s arrival and departure.
• Supervises personnel at the Terminal Facility. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining personnel; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reads and interprets plans and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, schematics, drawing and procedures manuals.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence.
• Speaks effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Calculates figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
• Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule.
• Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
Education and Experience
• Associate or Bachelor degree.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and similar proprietary software programs.
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
• As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
• May be required to move about to coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
• Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Energy Solutions LLC is an EOE/ADA employer