|Job Description:|| |
Responsible for the maintenance of plant equipment and facilities to insure maximum contribution to the safety, quality and productivity of the plant.
Essential Job Duties:
• High voltage work including substations and motor control centers.
• Electrical controls (including motor drives), installation, removal, troubleshooting, and repair.
• Drawing sketches of modifications to existing electrical controls.
• Pipefitting work required for all process control.
• Field welding required for electrical installation or modification.
• Field burning (oxygen-acetylene) required for electrical installation, removal, or modification.
• Operates all mobile equipment required on the job for material or parts placement (lift truck, winch, crane, and trucks).
• Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
• Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the senior engineer.
• Advises the senior engineer on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of plant equipment and facilities.
• Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for job performed in the maintenance department.
• Performs work in a highly functional and consistent manner.
• Ensures that work performed meets the job specifications.
• Advises the senior engineer on matters relating to the improvement and maintenance of coke quality and workmanship.
• Makes recommendations whenever possible regarding potential improvements in operation or maintenance of plant facilities through changes and modifications in material, equipment, procedures and schedules.
• Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
• Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
• Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree or certification in related field preferred.
• Three years of experience working as an electrician.
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY