|Job Description:|| |
Responsible for ensuring receipt, storage and export of petroleum coke and coal products are carried out in accordance with established quotas and specifications.
Essential Job Duties:
• Cleans up spillage and reclaim uncontaminated coke.
• Operates small equipment (forklift, sweeper, water truck, dump truck) for cleanup and housekeeping purposes.
• Observes terminal operations in the course of performing job duties and promptly report unusual happenings to the supervisor.
• Loads vessels with outgoing finished product.
• Notifies supervisor whenever leaving work area.
• Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
• Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the supervisor.
• Advises the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of terminal equipment and facilities.
• Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other terminal procedures or guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Communicates effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Typically works in outdoors environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
• As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas.
• Must be able to handle working with coal and petroleum coke products and be around vapors with respiratory protection.
• Must be able to work with wrenches, pipe wrenches and other tools; requires turning and tightening nuts and bolts.
• Must be able to load and unload heavy equipment, either with manual labor or by operating heavy machinery.
• Must be able to pass general physically fit testing.
• Must train in safety and hazmat requirements at the facility.
• Must be required to move about to coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed Instructions to other workers.
• Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Must be able to travel as needed.