USA - CA - Long Beach - OES
|Job Category:|| |
|Education Level:|| |
|Job Description:|| |
Plans, directs, or coordinates purchasing, warehousing, distribution and, forecasting services.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate and schedule daily truck movements of petroleum delivered from local refineries to the Port of Long Beach
- Manage blending of product into Ocean going vessels
- Instruct Stevedore and Operations group as to the vessel load plan, and manage 24 hour vessel loading at the POLB and the SF bay area
- Create, distribute, and approve vessel documentation (BOL, COO, Commercial Invoice etc.)
- Manage Letters of Credit
- Communicate with the railroad and POLB terminal to schedule inbound rail movements
- Coordinate with local oil refineries to schedule daily inbound truck receipts
- Manage Inventory and weighted average specifications for petroleum coke and coal stockpiles
- Manage specifications during vessel loading operations
- Contract Management – keep track of term and spot contract volumes
- Communicate with customers and sales team
- Maintain vessel schedules and inventory on various Microsoft excel spreadsheets
- Maintain Linear Program spreadsheet
- Coordinate long range vessel schedules
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required. Majoring in Business/Supply Chain Management/ Operations/ Marketing preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in the logistics and planning field.
- Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed Instructions to other workers.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
If you would like to apply for this job, submit your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Copyright 2001-2015 Oxbow Corporation. All Rights Reserved