|Job Description:|| |
Responsible for collecting and preparing samples for the operation of the laboratory; including some testing of samples and data entry, while participating in the safety, quality and environmental programs of the plant.
Essential Job Duties
• Collects raw calcined coke samples for quality control analysis. Performs special collections and analyses if needed.
• Prepares raw and calcined coke samples for laboratory tests, in accordance with defined ISO procedures.
• Cleans up sample room, and spillage, including proper disposal of raw and calcined coke samples and retains.
• Performs preventive maintenance on sample room equipment. If needed, may assist maintenance personnel on an as-needed basis in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
• Advises the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of sample room equipment and facilities.
• Operates all mobile equipment required to perform job duties and check oil, water, battery and fuel.
• Maintains emergency equipment, such as flashlight and rain suit for possible use during a storm.
• Reports all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the supervisor.
• Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines.
• Maintains communications with the supervisor and coworkers on matters concerning daily activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Communicates clearly and concisely by means of verbal or written word, must read and understand instructions and inform detailed instructions to other workers at shift change.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner, able to multitask when needed.
• Ability to enter data, and understand data in excel spreadsheets, or other similar forms of data entry.
• Must actively complete all ISO/environmental/safety training requirements at the facility.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associate's Degree required.
• Typically works in plant environment, which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
• As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to handle working with petroleum coke products and be around dusty environments with respiratory protection.
• Must be able to pass general physically fit testing, able to load and unload heavy sample buckets, and move about to coordinate work.
• Work will require 12 hour rotating shift*, with possible overtime as needed for vacation relief/special projects.
*LOCAL Candidates only