|Job Description:|| |
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the department supervisor, the Laborer is responsible for assisting the supervisor in the operation of the kilns to ensure maximum contributions to the safety, quality, and productivity of the plant.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Clean up spillage and reclaim uncontaminated coke.
2. Operate small equipment (forklift, sweeper, water truck, dump truck) for clean up and housekeeping purposes.
3. Observe calcining operations in the course of performing job duties and promptly report unusual happenings to the supervisor.
4. Load railcars with outgoing finished product.
5. Notify supervisor whenever leaving work area.
6. Familiarity with calcining process and material flow.
7. Additional work assignments will be made which will offer the opportunity for the employee to demonstrate other skills or to gain experience in other job classifications. All assignments will be made in a manner which will improve the efficiency of the plant operations and support teamwork, while offering the employee interesting and challenging work assignments.
1. Safety of Personnel and Physical Assets
A. Ensure that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
B. Report all injuries, regardless of seriousness, immediately to the supervisor.
C. Advise the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of plant equipment and facilities.
D. Assist in the development of written safety procedures prepared for jobs performed in the Material Handling Department.
2. Product Quality
A. Follow ISO procedures to complete duties as required by the job specification.
B. Advise the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and maintenance of coke quality and workmanship.
3. Efficiency and Cost Control
A. Make recommendations whenever possible regarding potential improvements in operation or maintenance of plant facilities through changes and modifications in material, equipment, procedures and schedules.
B. Perform work in efficient manner.
4. Personnel and Organization
A. Ensure compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines.
B. Maintain communications with the supervisor and coworkers on matters concerning daily activities and concerns.
The Laborer should establish and maintain good relationships with all people with whom he/she comes into contact with inside the plant.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer